Last Updated: August 14, 2019
Type of Information We Collect
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
When We Collect Information
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated above only.
Reasons for Collecting Personal Information
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How We Store, Use, Share and Disclose Personal Information
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Our web platform is hosted independently. Zarvana stores your account information in secure databases. Should you access the Zarvana web platform, your data will be stored through Zarvana’s data storage, databases, and general Zarvana applications, which is hosted by Amazon Web Services serves.
All direct payment gateways in the Zarvana web platform are run by Stripe, which adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. Zarvana does not store your credit card information in any form. We store a payment token, which enables us to access your credit card information through Stripe, but does not contain any of your actual payment information.
For newsletter subscribers coming from one of our articles published on Inc., know that we are required to share your names and email addresses back with them should they request it.
How We Communicate With You
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Introduction: What is a cookie?
“Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow the Site to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a randomly generated unique number or other value. Certain cookies will be used on the Site regardless of whether you are logged in to your account or not. Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Site.
Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). When we use session cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Site, this is done on an anonymous aggregate basis (as cookies do not in themselves carry any personal data). We may also employ cookies so that we remember your computer when it is used to return to the Site to help customize your Zarvana web experience. We may associate personal information with a cookie file in those instances.
Through the Wix.com platform, we collect these specific cookies:
Managing Cookies in Your Browser
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can easily delete and manage any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser by following the instructions provided by your particular browser manufacturer.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
If your browser is not listed here, consult the documentation that your particular browser manufacturer provides. You may also consult your mobile device documentation for information on how to disable cookies on your mobile device. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
Zarvana uses select features of Google Analytics. Zarvana and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) to inform and optimize your visits to our Site. You may opt-out of Google Analytics. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
The following cookie table lists a selection of the third party cookies used on Zarvana. Although we may update this list periodically, please be advised that the names of cookies, pixels and other technologies are subject to change.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics tracking cookies, please click here.
Our website utilizes the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found here: https://facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
To opt out of Facebook showing you targeted ads from other sites, or from seeing Facebook’s ads on other sites, open your Facebook page and click “settings,” and then “ads.” Then click on the “ads based on my use of websites and apps” setting and press the “choose setting” button and select “off.” Once you turn this feature off, Facebook says you will still see the same number of ads, but they may be less relevant to you. It also won’t stop Facebook (and other companies) from tracking you. It simply means that information won’t be used to show ads targeted to you.
Our website utilizes the Tracking Pixel of Twitter Inc. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to our website by clicking on a Twitter advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Twitter advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Twitter. Twitter is able to connect the data with your Twitter account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Twitter’s Data Use Policy found here: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
To opt out of Twitter showing you targeted ads from other sites, you select from the following options:
- To control whether Twitter stores information about other websites where you’ve seen Twitter content, adjust the Track where you see Twitter content across the web setting in your Personalization and data settings. If you have this setting disabled or are in the European Union or EFTA States, Twitter will not store or use such web page visits to improve your experience in the future. If we’ve previously stored your web browsing history, your experience may continue to be personalized based on information already inferred from that history.
- If you do not want Twitter to show you interest-based ads on and off of Twitter, there are several ways to turn off this feature:
- Using your Twitter settings, visit the Personalization and data settings and adjust the setting Personalize ads.
- If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser.
- If you do not want Twitter to show you interest-based ads in Twitter for iOS on your current mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings.
- If you do not want Twitter to show you interest-based ads in Twitter for Android on your current mobile device, enable “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings.
- To control personalization across devices on Twitter, visit your Personalization and data settings and adjust the Personalize across all your devices setting. This will control whether we link your account to browsers or devices other than the ones you use to log into Twitter (or if you’re logged out, whether we link the browser or device you’re currently using to any other browsers or devices).
- To control interest-based advertising from certain third-party advertising partners, you can learn more about opting out of receiving interest-based ads at optout.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. If you are on the web, you can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Although cookies are not required for some parts of our services, Twitter and Periscope may not work properly if you disable cookies entirely. For example, you cannot log into twitter.com or pscp.tv if you’ve disabled all cookie use.
Our website utilizes LinkedIn’s conversion tracking and website analytics features so that we can understand what happens after a LinkedIn user clicks on our LinkedIn advertisements using the analytics methods and systems provided by LinkedIn. We are thus able to record the efficacy of LinkedIn advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by LinkedIn. LinkedIn is able to connect the data with your LinkedIn account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with LinkedIn’s Data Use Policy found here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
To opt out of LinkedIn showing you targeted ads, from your LinkedIn Ads settings, you can manage your ad preferences and control data collected about you or view more options here: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931?trk=microsites-frontend_legal_privacy-policy&lang=en.
How You Can Withdraw Your Consent
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us mail to: 313 Stinson Loop, Redding, CA 96003.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com or send us mail to: 313 Stinson Loop, Redding, CA 96003.