A free online, in-depth training built on insights from our popular Harvard Business Review article
Have you ever wondered why some people are able to make all the right decisions, say the right things at the right times, come up with answers to the toughest problems, and quickly determine if something is a good idea?
We did until we discovered the research behind the value of critical thinking skills.
Higher critical thinking skills lead to better job and life outcomes. They influence:
- What type of job you can get
- How long you can retain your job
- The number of negative life events you experience
It’s not surprising then that critical thinking is one of the most in-demand soft skills among employers with demand rising 158% in the last three years. At the same time, there is a growing shortfall in critical thinking, making it the perfect way to stand out in your workplace.
- 60% of managers say critical thinking skills is the #1 skill recent graduates are lacking
- 84% of senior managers believe their organization suffered a loss due to an absence of critical thinking in their workforce
We’ve taken the complex and abstract concept of critical thinking and broken it down into a simple, scientific process and during this training, we’ll teach you this process in detail.
This training is a deep dive into our widely popular Harvard Business Review article
On October 11, 2019 we published “A Short Guide to Building Your Team’s Critical Thinking Skills” in Harvard Business Review. The article was based on my (Matt Plummer’s) experience as a manager at a leading management consulting firm trying to teach the people on my team how to become better thinkers. Almost two years ago while coaching a senior manager from a well-known tech company, I was asked the same question I had been asking myself: how do I teach my team to think?
In response, I shared an early version of what we now call the critical thinking roadmap. It resonated deeply with the senior manager, so much so that she shared parts of the roadmap verbatim with her team.
Since then, in nearly every coaching engagement I have had with leaders from technology companies, consulting firms, and other fortune 100 companies, I find myself teaching people how to use the critical thinking roadmap to build their or their team’s critical thinking skills. In addition to the HBR article, I’ve also published 3 articles on the topic on Inc. and several more here at Zarvana.
What We’ll Teach You in this Free Training
- What critical thinking is so that you know what it will look like to become an exceptional thinker
- The step-by-step journey to excellent critical thinking through the four phases of critical thinking and the 5 milestones for each phase
- How to move from one milestone to the next for all 20 milestones by practicing with simple exercises and 100 critical thinking questions you can ask yourself or others to build critical thinking
Critical thinking skills can be learned
Always thought that critical thinking is something you’re born with or without? That would be sad.
But fortunately, it’s not true. For example, this meta-analysis showed that there are effective strategies for teaching critical thinking skills at all education levels and across all disciplinary areas. Further, leading universities, like Cornell, have created whole certificate programs around critical thinking.
You can become an exceptional thinker!
What people are saying about our critical thinking work
You’ll also get a special early invite to a 12-person critical thinking mastermind group
We want to help fill future versions of the Thinkers50 list – an annual list of the top contributors of management ideas in the world – by teaching and training people like you to become the world’s leading thinkers. The research is clear what works: dialogue, exposure to authentic problems, and mentoring, so we’ve built an immersive, small-group experience based on these findings that we’ll invite just 12 people to join.
Join this free training to get the first opportunity to join this mastermind!
Here’s the details
- Our training will be 1.5 hours long
- There will be multiple sessions during the week of December 9-13
- Yes! There will be a Q&A at the end and a live chat throughout
- All attendees will be a sent our Critical Thinking Roadmap Toolkit and a collection of our other leading articles on the topic
- Everyone who registers will have access to a recording of the training forever!
Eager to get started? Read up on what we’ve already written about critical thinking. We’ll see you soon!